Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our 1st Chapter meeting

Today I joined the California's 1st Atha chapter for rug hooking. I had been told that todays meeting was called movies and popcorn. When we got there Haley asked if they were showing movies about rug hooking and I said no, just old movies. Then when they started the 1st show it was about the hooked rugs from Noviscotia. As soon as Haley heard it was about hooked rugs she said "Oh cool". everyone commented as we looked at the images of very old rugs. One of the rugs said hooker unknown and Sandy said "I never want to go down as an unknown hooker... girls identify my work". That was my favorite quote of the day.







This woman Sara told Haley to "sit down" then she sketched out Haley's face with a paper and pencil.  You could tell that Haley felt like a rock star with all the attention and women telling her how beautiful she is. 

That same lady Sara hand carves her own rug hooks. Sara was telling me that she is also a musician and that she makes herself crazy because there is so much that she wants to create and do she can't sleep.  I though to myself "This is me in 50 years". 

The whole time we were driving home Haley kept saying how nice all the ladies were and how much she likes hanging out with them. 

No comments: