Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So close

Technically I was done with my rug, but I am unhooking the leaves and re-hooking them with a darker green outline. I think it will look so much better with the leaves outlined.

Now that I almost done I am worried about finishing the edges. When I asked the ladies last Thursday night they said that round rugs are the hardest to finish because you don't want the edges to be wavy. The lady that taught our color class finished her rugs like a binding on a quilt. I could do it that way, but I really want to learn the traditional way 1st. These women are such amazing hookers, I am trying to soak up what I can and learn from their experience before we move away.

I am already playing with designs in my head for my next rug.
Hmm, what to do, what to do?

No comments: