Sunday, May 31, 2009

A few frustrations

I started a small version of Norma's flower to make a tote bag for myself.  I just didn't like how it looked...

So after a lot of unpicking and rehooking I still don't like how it looks, so I am going to take a break from this and try to finish packing (28 days until we move).  Hopefully after not looking at this for a while I will be able to see what needs to be changed, or I may decide to scrap it and start over with more natural colors.

One of the ladies in our chapter hooked a hedgehog.  Haley told her that she has always wanted to have a real hedgehog.  The lady gave her a copy of her hedgehog pattern and said "If you can't have a real one you can at least hook one".  Haley was really excited about this pattern, but she currently has 3 unfinished hooking projects.  So after I found out that Hedgehogs are legal in Oregon, I told her if she hooks this hog and completes it, I will buy her a real hedgehog.  She was so excited and asked me to cut the wool and get everything ready for her.  I did, including outlining the face and body to make it easier for her.  Look how much she has hooked. I am curious to see if she gets this done...

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

If Walker got wind of Haley possibly getting a hedgehog, he'd be so jealous. Somehow he thinks he's getting a hamster when he's 8. I have two years to either get accustomed to this idea or nix it altogether.

Chanel Palmer said...

Suzanne-
A hamster is not that bad (unless your 3 year old tries to "bathe" it. It's WAY easer then a dog or cat and smells less then a guinea pig. I say get accustomed to the idea before he starts asking for something harder. Hamsters are easy.