Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sarah

I posted about Sara a while ago and how she hand carves rug hooks. I have been waiting to see her at our meetings because I really would love to add one of her hooks to my collection.  Unfortunately she has not been to a Saturday meeting since I took this photo in February.  

So I called to check on her and she is doing fine but has been too busy to come to our meetings.  I told her I was interested in buying one of her hooks and she said that I could meet her at the senior citizen center Friday because she has a painting class there. 

So I went over to the center to meet her and found her painting a beautiful picture of a little girl. She is very talented. She pulled out a little tin full of the hooks she has been working on recently.  She also pulled out little wood vases with wood flowers all that she has hand carved.

I asked her how she was able to make all these beautiful things and she very seriously said:

"I don't do housework...I dont!"  
I was laughing as she continued... 

"I go to quilting on Monday, ukulele class on Tuesday, rug hooking on Wednesday, violin class on Thursday, this paining class on Friday and Saturday is the day I wash my hair."

Gotta love the priorities of a true artist. 

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ah ha! There is something to be said for that way of managing life.

Kaypros said...

I love her hooks! I'd LOVE one too. Does she sell them somewhere?

Anonymous said...

I would like a hook too-Does sell them?