Thursday, May 14, 2009

Norma's garden

I have been busy packing for our big move and came across these rolled up papers.  As I started opening them up I remembered Eric's Mom giving me these. They were her Mother Norma's hand drawn quilting patterns. I thought they were cool when she gave them to me (like 4 years ago), but this time when I opened them it was like finding a treasure. Some of the patterns screamed out to me that they wanted to be hooked and I agreed. 
 
Her drawings are really light so it's hard to see, but this is the perfect design for the runner that I have been planning in my head.

Of course I have my priorities in order so I stopped packing and immediately started tracing the design onto red dot so I can transfer the pattern to my rug backing. 

I really do need to pack and paint, but I can't wait to get started on Norma's garden!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Inspiration is everywhere but when it's this unexpected and historical it's even better!