Saturday, May 9, 2009

My secret life with bees

It's 10:00 on Saturday night (the night before Mother's day) and I just finished the gift for my Mother.  Unfortunately she lives in Utah so I can't even mail it until Monday.  My Mom is one of those people that is really hard to shop for so after much thought I decided to make her a tote bag. She has more tote bags then anyone I know, but she uses them for everything and I'm positive she doesn't have a hooked one!

I'm loving hooked bees right now (and she lives in the beehive State) so I hooked her 7 little bees symbolic of her 7 grandchildren. 

The bees were quick to hook, but the background took forever.  


I added eyelash trim around the top and black and white polka dot lining inside.

When I showed it to my kids my 10 year old said "Oh Mom, that is SO stinking cute!"
I hope my Mom agrees.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am in total agreement with Haley.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

MOM..LOVES IT!!!!!
I'M SO GLAD I HAVE THESE GREAT CREATIVE KIDS...